Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mouthy Stitches - first glimpse

Okay here is my fabric pull for the Mouthy Stitches zipper pouch swap as promised:
The photo is rubbish - i should have taken it during the day in proper daylight. Since I didn't the flash washed out some of the fabrics and some look darker (wtf?!?) That aside I am happy with how I managed to make the fabrics look a bit like the pattern I will be going for - a bonus.

I think I am ever so slightly leaning towards the aqua Kona Crush fabric for the main fabric, and will use the darker fabric on the right in the scrappy log cabin. I think the acorns will now feature as an interior pocket, and maybe a bit on the back.

The back is a secret project until i get the chance to test out some ideas - i'm possibly getting overly ambition for my skills so I want to quietly try it out and play around before I decide. One good thing is that I am super sure I'm on the right track for my partner. woo hoo!

I am hoping to get some cutting ans sewing done for this on the weekend after a trip to Perth for some fabric provisions. Why don't the local stores stock a range of solids?!?!? If I can't find what I want in Perth I'm heading back to Pam at Mad About Patchwork for some more goodies. I have a Kona colour card thanks to Ki so its much easier to internet shop.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pops of colour and the owl is just charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab and sounds like you have your partner sussed!

    ReplyDelete